Leave A Legacy
Many of our benefactors choose to support Messmer and create a lasting legacy through planned giving. Planned gifts are charitable giving tools that allow you to express your personal values by combining your personal, charitable and family goals.
You may be able to make planned gifts with cash, or by donating assets such as stock or real estate. Planned gifts may provide a number of benefits to donors such as:
- Make larger charitable gift than you thought possible
- Increase your current income
- Plan for the financial needs of a spouse or a loved one
- Provide inheritances for your heirs at a reduced tax cost
- Reduce your income tax and/or avoid capital gains tax
- Diversify your investment portfolio
- Receive income from your personal residence or farm
- Plan the transfer of your business
- Leave a charitable legacy for future generations
There are a variety of ways to make a planned gifts and information on some of the more popular types of planned gifts is included below. Messer recommends that you consult an attorney and/or tax advisor when considering any type of planned gift. To learn more about each type of planned gift, click on the link below.